Thema: Embedded World: STMicro und Microchip sagen Teilnahme ab

erstellt am: 13.02.2020 13:36

Antworten: 223

nicht registrierter User

RE: Embedded World: STMicro und Microchip sagen Teilnahme ab
21.02.2020 19:40

Are you guessing? Or do you have inside information?

Antworten

nicht registrierter User

21.02.2020 21:04

I am asking.

Antworten

nicht registrierter User

21.02.2020 22:07

Altium has canceled as well
https://twitter.com/altium_de/status/1230930411137662978

Antworten

mhafner

21.02.2020 22:23

Lieber Forist, laut Twitter nehmen wohl beide Unternehmen teil. Maxim hatte gestern, 20.2. via Twitter nochmals zu ihrer Messeaktion am Messestand eingeladen, Toradex heute. Gegenteilige Informationen zu einer Absage liegen uns aktuell nicht vor.
Viele Grüße aus der Redaktion,
Martina Hafner

Update 21.2. 23:55 - Maxim hast just reconfirmed their participation, hall A4, Booth 606
* zuletzt geändert von: mhafner am 22.02.2020 um 00:29 Uhr *

Antworten

nicht registrierter User

21.02.2020 22:30

LPKF has cancelled
https://www.lpkf.com/en/company/trade-shows-events/detail?tx_news_pi1%5Baction%5D=detail&tx_news_pi1%5Bcontroller%5D=News&tx_news_pi1%5Bnews%5D=172

Antworten

nicht registrierter User

RE: Embedded World: latest cancellations
21.02.2020 23:39

Whilst I somehow can understand initial concerns about health risks - although questionable whether realistic based on the fact that there are literally no flights from China to Germany any longer - those last minute cancellations for me personally show again the purely money driven mindset of some organizations with lack of respect for the remaining committed visitors of Embedded World. When companies like Infineon apparently now are arguing that the majority of their customers cancelled - now REALLY? those customers you already have anyway. you dont need ANY trade show for THEM although I admit that it saves time for Sales people when meeting many customers on the show rather than traveling to them. But what about the chance to attract NEW ones in this special situation? not interested? well then those companies maybe feel much too safe - I would even call it arrogant. This whole situation is kinda insane.... communication of the Embedded World organizers is a mess - I hope some people will have to finally take responsibility for that as well.... but honestly.... lets talk about CES in Las Vegas.... I think the risk to catch the virus THERE was much higher - but there has been nothing in the news that AFTER CES there would have been any specific cases....
Some of the companies might think - well there is electronica in November - so lets see what impact it REALLY might have skipping Embedded World this time.. Well - for many companies there wont be an immediate measurable effect of trade shows like Embedded World .... its the long term effect that counts. I am personally in this business for almost 30 years now.... I know what I am talking about. Bottom line: those last minute cancellations of companies are like stabbing a knife into the back of the whole community.. you didnt have your employees or other peoples health in your mind - you simply decided its not worth it any longer without knowing, without giving it a try - without showing the will to invest - shame on THOSE companies - I hope potential customers will consider that

Antworten

nicht registrierter User

22.02.2020 02:56

The situation during CES and today was completely different.
Beginning of January there where 40-50 reported infections in China.
Today there are more than 75.000 people with officially confirmed infections and it has occured all over the planet. I read that the infection rate is 38 times higher than SARS (and today there are more than 10 times as many people sick than SARS has infected in total).

I can understand every company that has decided to withdrawal from international events like a trade show due to health risks. Just imagine what would happen if a breakout occurs. No company can cease operation for 2-3 weeks after it, just to make sure no one got sick, before sales people start visiting customers again or be with their families.

I doubt that any decision for a cancellation has been taken easily by any of the companies, as they wont get any return of the already paid booth space, hotel rooms or catering.

That Infineon says they pull out due to cancellation of customer meetings is (at least) honest. I personally think that it is better to withdrawal, than hoping to meet an unknown customer by chance, who wasnt committed enough to make an appointment beforehand. There must have been a significant percentage of meeting cancellations otherwise Infineon wouldnt have made the decision to trash all that money.

Im feeling pretty bad for the visitors and especially the remaining and 1st time exhibitors. They all have to paid a small fortune (fees, accommodation, travel) to attend the show but wont get back what they will be charged for. That said, it is also not fair to blame the non-attending companies for taking responsibility of their employees, partners and customers.

The management of Nuremberg fair should have cancelled the show a week ago. Now it is likely that they face an empty show, disappointed visitors and disappointed exhibitors. But at least their 2020 profits are secured.

Antworten

nicht registrierter User

22.02.2020 09:03

Appell an die Geschäftsleitung Nürnberg Messe GmbH:
Nehmen Sie heute Ihre letzte Chance wahr, das Image der Nürnberg Messe GmbH zu retten und sagen Sie die Messe ab.
Den finanziellen Verlust werden Sie verkraften, den Imageverlust wahrscheinlich nicht.
Spätestens am Montagabend werden Sie sehen, wie viele Aussteller tatsächlich kommen. Dann ist es zu spät zum Handeln.
Es schreibt einer der vielen kleinen Aussteller, die sich ein Fernbleiben einfach nicht leisten können.

Antworten

nicht registrierter User

22.02.2020 09:41

100% einig!

Antworten

nicht registrierter User

22.02.2020 11:07

I fear it is already too but I also agree #cancelew20

Antworten

Antwort schreiben

Titel:

Nachricht:

Zur Wahrung unserer Interessen speichern wir zusätzlich zu den o.g. Informationen die IP-Adresse. Dies dient ausschließlich dem Zweck, dass Sie als Urheber des Kommentars identifiziert werden können. Rechtliche Grundlage ist die Wahrung berechtigter Interessen gem. Art 6 Abs 1 lit. f) DSGVO.

Thema abonnieren:

Email:
*Ich bin mit der Verarbeitung und Nutzung meiner Daten gemäß Einwilligungserklärung einverstanden.
Antwort abschicken