The printed circuit board cost is a major factor in the price of electronic boards. And during the last 2 years there has been an increase of the average cost, mainly due to the rising cost of materials. Previous rules for the estimation and forecast of PCB prices are obsolete.
System Plus Consulting has developed PCB Price+ in order to improve the accuracy of PCB cost calculation in electronic systems analyses. It is intended for purchase departments to help them perform their sourcing of PCB, as well as for and R&D departments to simulate the impact of design options.
Its main features are:
- PCB Price+ will estimate the impact of raw material prices and labor cost changes. Most FR4-based technologies are supported, from single side to multilayers, with Tg from 140° to 170°, multiple drilling types,…
- PCB costs and prices can be calculated for various finish options such as HASL Lead Free, OSP or immersion.
- Panelization can be simulated.
- Results include multiple breakdown of the manufacturing cost.
- A database of PCB manufacturing units is provided.